The 2018 Homie Awards are now in Production!
The Homie Awards are the student produced film competition, open to BRHSA students who will be age 14 by July 31 through age 19.
1. Short Film: 1:00 – 8:00 minutes from opening frame to closing black screen.
2. Long Film: 8:01 – 16:00 minutes from opening frame to closing black screen.
Films must be submitted Thursday, March 1, 2018. More information on that process will be released closer to the deadline.
Join the fun!! Gather a group of friends and produce a movie. Just getting started? Just doing it for fun? Consider submitting a short film. A little more serious about film or acting? Love the art? Or simply unable to fit your fun into less than 8:00 minutes? Consider submitting a long film. All films should reflect our position as a Christian association and contain appropriate, tactful story lines suitable for a teenage audience.
All films must be produced by a BRHSA Teen, but ANYONE can be a member of your cast. Only BRHSA Teens within the stated age category will be eligible for award nominations. Grandma can be your lead actress, Baby Sister Suzie can be the star, you can enlist your entire Sunday School class to act, but none of them will be able to attend the event nor win any awards. Sorry, guys.
Films may be shot on phones or cameras with or without audio equipment. You may edit on whatever program you have and can understand.
Winners will be announced and awards presented on Saturday, April 21, 2018, at the annual Homies, our formal Academy Awards style celebration. Whether you submit a film or not, come to the Homies! You do not need to be involved in a film to attend. It is a great night!
Questions about how to do all this? Need counsel during the editing conundrums? Not sure about your script? Please contact one of our seasoned Homie Seniors:
Members of BRHSA are eligible to receive a discount on HSLDA (Home School Legal Defense Association) annual dues. Our group discount code is 299936. When joining or renewing with HSLDA, be sure to give them this number and the discount is almost equivalent to our annual dues rate!
**Please do not share this number with non-BRHSA members. This is a special group rate for BRHSA members only.**
The Barren River Home School Association exists, first, to honor the Lord Jesus Christ by providing a Biblical atmosphere in which to nurture our children and, second, to serve, support, and connect home schooling families in and around the South Central Kentucky area. We desire to carry out this purpose in, at least, the following ways:
- By promoting and affirming the God-given right and responsibility of parents to direct and participate in the education of their children.
- By providing a network for the exchange of teaching techniques, curricula information, and other home schooling ideas and resources.
- By coordinating and/or providing educational, social, athletic, and other group activities for members of BRHSA in a safe, wholesome, and Godly atmosphere.
- By disseminating information concerning pertinent home schooling and family issues to interested parties in our area.
We serve home educators in Warren, Allen, Simpson, Edmonson, Butler, and Barren Counties in Kentucky, Sumner County in Tennessee, and other nearby counties. We provide educational and social opportunities for our membership through a variety of events and activities, as well as a members-only online forum for sharing ideas and resources.